Sunday 7 December 2008

Film: Resident Evil Degeneration :A second opinion:


Here's my two pence...

Once again Capcom cashes on a project that is as nearly as old as me,
but this time is not a huge pile of wank.
Spinning off from the games, rather than those dire films with Mila howeveryouspellherlastname, we are once again greeted with the T Virus.
Hin3s already told you the plot but suffice to say it’ll start with the walking dead and end somewhere around the point of mass mutation and OTT action sequences (ala every RE game plehed). The gfx are jaw dropping, at times you forget you’re watching a cartoon, the atmosphere is just right and the drama is done with enough subtleness that you get drawn into the characters plight.
I recommend a viewing; you could do worse with your life…like pleh Resident Evil 5 for instance.

2 comments:

HiN3 said...

I have to agree with Thare that the GFX are truly 'grab the kleenex' material. I can only argue that in 'HiN3-sight' the bad points made me loose sight of the grander things. :-(

Digitalspirit said...

Whilst the CGi is good I don't think it's as good as you guys make out, the backgrounds are impressive but the lack of emotion from the characters and their stone cold 'souless' eyes pull the animation down for me, I didn't think the character model animation was that fluid either. The rest is impressive but the lack of feeling kills any so called emotion the characters are struggling to display. Apart from that a solid zombie flick.